Friday, July 2, 2010

The View

The View covered the story about Miss Delaware and her alopecia condition. Though it wasn't so much about alopecia as it was about bald women in general. A lot of people who have alopecia are extremely offended by how the women disregard alopecia and instead talk about the shapes of bald heads. In my opinion, I was not offended because it seemed more off topic than about alopecia women, though it would have been nice for them to explain more about the condition and expand on the struggles we go through.

What are your thoughts?

Video: http://www.alopeciaworld.com/video/video/show?id=2022678:Video:450109&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_video

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sheena! Just found your blog. Your wigs (and you!) are so beautiful! I've suffered w/hair loss since 13. I had 2 transplant surgeries when I was 36 and 48, but my native hair keeps falling out. I'm almost totally bald on the top and I'm heading into menopause now. I know it's not the same condition as yours, but, being a woman, it's tough to live with. I wear headband bandanas...at least until I start losing hair in the back. I tried a hairpiece, but I couldn't stand worrying about it all the time. Eventually I will have to go to a full wig. Where did you buy yours? They look so natural! Lorraine :)

    ReplyDelete