Thursday, June 16, 2011

Taking risks


I hardly ever get a mani/pedi because it takes a good chunk of time, I always mess it up, the manicure usually chips within 3 days, and it costs $$$. Well, my lovely friend came to visit our hometown and suggested we get our nails done since her mom owns a nail salon. I'm usually pretty tame when it comes to painting my nails. I keep a solid color and sometimes switch it up by having one color for the hands and one color for the feet. I always look at the different nail colors for the seasons or new ways to do them, like texturizing with lace to create a crackling effect, but I never experiment myself. My friend Vivian decided to switch things up a bit. She painted her toenails with a hot red and one toe opaque white. My nail lady suggested I do the same after I had already decided to paint all my little piggies a seafoam blue. I decided to take a small risk and paint one toe with the same red Vivian used. Then, it came to decide the colors of my fingernails and I decided the red was a good complement. The nail lady suggested I paint one blue to match my toes. My answer: No. Here I am considering myself a risk taker, and I can't paint a nail blue. I work from home, it's summer, I never treat myself to a mani/pedi...I mean I seriously sat there for 10 minutes contemplating if I should paint my index finger blue. I have gone to CO without friends and made a living out there. I conquered (well somewhat) snowboarding, yet I couldn't take a stupid risk of having multicolored nails. Finally, I decided to take my small risk and my fingers and toes complement themselves in a fun way, not a scary way. No matter how big or small the risk is...changing your vanilla latte to a hazelnut latte or taking a job in a new city, I invite you to live life and take it! My nail risk might not have dire consequences or opportunities (though I did get offered a job that night--could have been my awesome nails!) , but if I took the safe route every time I wouldn't know the joy of not knowing where life really wants to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment