Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2 Steps forward, one step back

So my previous post mentioned how my hair was growing back and I could go without my wig. Sadly, this is not the case anymore. I am still able to go without my wig for a little longer, but I probably only have a couple of months left. Unfortunately, the condition has decided to attack my front hairline again, which is making it increasingly difficult to cover the large bald spots. While I wish my hair continued to grow without problems, dealing with the naturalness of my hair has been a battle all its own. It takes me an hour to make my hair resemble something of a decent style, and with Georgia humidity, I might as well give up all together. I'm not going to lie and say I even try every day. My unruly curls look awesome in a bun hidden away from the world. Even though I rather deal with a haystack on top of my head for hours on end rather than be submitted to a lifetime of embarrassment and stares, I have a new love for my wig each time I try to contain my wild child. Wigs for the most part always look perfect. Real hair ones you can style anyway you like and it will keep for a week. I actually make others jealous because I can change my hair on bad hair days. Good quality wigs are not by any means cheap (I get mine at Wigs by Cheyenne and Services in Destin, FL), but it probably adds up to what I would spend for a haircut, highlights, keratin treatment, etc. Living back in Georgia where the humidity zaps energy from everything doesn't even have power over my wig. Now if only I could control the sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment