Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga recently made a comment that she rather be interesting than beautiful. That is a pretty brave statement for a girl in her early 20s, and as we can see she follows through with her motto. She could be beautiful, but daringly steps outside wearing lace and leotards. It makes me think of this one woman my mother told me about one time. She was an elementary school teacher with alopecia and every year she told her class why she had no hair. She would wear wigs that were pink and purple and short and long. She had no concern of being beautiful, but prefered to be interesting. Being a 23-year-old with no boyfriend and still caring about what I look like...well I prefer to be beautiul than interesting. Maybe I'm a coward, but I do admire those who can throw away the ideas of normalcy and embrace their individuality fully while showing it off to the world. Perhaps one day I can be outwardly beautiful AND interesting...

1 comment:

  1. I find you interesting, but then your my Niece. Nice writing, not as good as your earlier works, still intersesting. OH, Balance be beautiful and intersting, My bad you already are both.

    ReplyDelete